Lactococcus lactis/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Lactococcus lactis, or pages that link to Lactococcus lactis or to this page or whose text .
- Microbiology : The study of microorganisms (overlapping with areas of virology, bacteriology, mycology, and parasitology).
- Food Sciences : Add brief definition or description
- Infectious Disease : Add brief definition or description
- Cheese : Dairy product made from milk curd and widely eaten in the Western Hemisphere and Europe.
- Fermentation : Add brief definition or description
- Gram stain : A selective stain for the microscopic examination of bacteria; those with a significant peptoglycan component of their cell walls will be colored violet while those without are colored red; these have important clinical correlations
- Lactic acid : A syrupy, water-soluble liquid, C3H6O3, produced in muscles as a result of anaerobic glucose metabolism, and present in sour milk, molasses, various fruits, and wines.
- Yogurt : Add brief definition or description