KH-11 KENNAN/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to KH-11 KENNAN, or pages that link to KH-11 KENNAN or to this page or whose text .
- Imagery intelligence : the practice of taking and interpreting visible and infrared light photographs and video, radar imagery, and other ways to form pictures of subjects of interest
- Reconnaissance satellite : A satellite which provides images of the Earth and monitors electronic emissions of terrestrial and airborne communications and radar systems.
- Signals intelligence : the practice of acquiring information through monitoring the electromagnetic signals deliberately trasmitted by an opponent, including communications (COMINT) and non-communications electronics such as radar (ELINT).
- National Reconnaissance Office : An agency of the United States intelligence community, which designs, procures, launches, and operates intelligence satellites and certain aircraft/UAV platforms. It does not analyze their output.
- National technical means of verification : Euphemism principally for imagery intelligence satellites and other means of strategic arms control verification, principally because the Soviet Union did not want its public to know that they could not prevent Western observation of the state
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency : A United States Department of Defense organization responsible for interpretation of imagery and geospatial intelligence, as well as geodesic surveys and mapmaking, including missile targeting reference data
- National Security Agency : An organization within the United States Department of Defense, with the dual roles of the principal signals intelligence agency in the United States intelligence community, but also having the responsibility for information assurance of military, diplomatic, and other critical communications.