Juan Zarate/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Juan Zarate: Nonresident senior adviser, Transnational Threats Project, Center for Strategic and International Studies; Deputy Assistant to the President and Deputy National Security Advisor for Combating Terrorism (2005-2009); first Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Terrorist Financing and Financial Crimes (2001-2005); federal prosecutor, Terrorism and Violent Crime Section, including USS Cole
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Terrorism : An act, with targets including civilians or civilian infrastructure, intended to create an atmosphere of fear in order to obtain a political objective.
- Financial intelligence : Collecting information on financial transactions (either from the financial institution or by clandestine means) and then analyzing it to determine providers and consumers of money or money equivalents
- Economic warfare : The use of principally non-military methods to impose national policy, when those methods deal in the broad sense of economics, such as embargoes, freezing assets, and buying up raw materials. It may be complemented by military means such as intercepting supply shipments or attacking factories.
- Center for Strategic and International Studies : A bipartisan U.S. think tank that does research and policy recommendations in international affairs, headquartered in Washington, D.C.
- National Security Council : Both the senior foreign policy committee of principal officers of the executive branch of the United States of America, chaired by the Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs, and, by extension, the professional staff reporting to the Assistant
- U.S. Department of the Treasury : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. Department of Justice : The Cabinet level department headed by the Attorney General, which supervises the FBI and 58 other Agencies.
- Al-Qaeda : International islamist terrorist network. Responsible for the 9-11 attack and other terrorist attacks.
- USS Cole : A U.S. Navy destroyer of the Burke-class, which survived an al-Qaeda suicide attack in 2000, by an explosive-filled boat in Aden, Yemen; she is back on duty after losing 17 sailors and undergoing lengthy repairs
- Nidal Hasan : U.S. Army psychiatrist and major, under indictment for 16 murders and 32 attempted murders at Fort Hood, Texas, whose actions suggest a self-radicalized radical Islamic motive
- Saddam Hussein : (1937–2006) Deposed and executed ruler of Iraq.