John Boyd/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to John Boyd, or pages that link to John Boyd or to this page or whose text .
- Military doctrine : The fundamental principles of a military organization.
- Grand strategy : The application of all national means of affecting the actions of other nations and non-national actors; specifically includes but is not restricted to military means
- Military strategy : The highest-level national concept of the use of pure military power, inlcluding setting the composition of the military and its deployment; high-level regional objectives in war; military research and setting military production priorities
- Operational art : A level of military power at which forces in the field, or deployed from the homeland, can determine the place and conditions of battle
- Tactics : Military concepts and techniques used to fight a battle once battle is joined.
- Information theory : Theory of the probability of transmission of messages with specified accuracy when the bits of information constituting the messages are subject, with certain probabilities, to transmission failure, distortion, and accidental additions.
- Closed loop control : A control system in which the controller has access to signals containing information about the current state of the plant (the object or system to be controlled) during the time that the controller is in operation.
- Command and control : The combination of lawful authority over people and resources, coupled with the methods of directing their execution of missions and tasks directed at goals set by that authority
- Maneuver warfare : Add brief definition or description
- Fourth generation warfare : Add brief definition or description
- Air warfare planning : The set of doctrines and procedures for carrying out all types of air warfare, as an integrated whole
- Offensive counter-air : Air operations intended to damage or destroy enemy aircraft and missile capabilities, both by attacking ground facilities and engaging aircraft close to their bases
- Defensive counter-air : The spectrum of both passive and active air defense measures, including camouflaging and protecting potential targets, electronic warfare; a superset of an integrated air defense system
- Swarming (military) : A method of military attacking using multiple attack forces against an opponent, which act in an autonomous but synchronized manner, with real-time communications for their coordination
- High-Low Mix : Add brief definition or description
- F-15 Eagle : A series of air superiority fighters, designed for the United States Air Force and flown by several countries; intended for the high role in the high-low mix; The F-15E Strike Eagle is a multirole fighter variant.
- F-16 Fighting Falcon : A relatively lightweight land-based multirole fighter, developed by the United States Air Force; co-produced with Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway and Portugal; operated by many nations and to be replaced by the F-35A Lightning II. The F-16CJ model is optimized for SEAD.
- C3I-ISR : Command, control, communications and intelligence, combined with intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance
- Intelligence cycle management : The continuous process by which intelligence priorities are set, raw information collected, information analyzed, the processed information disseminated, and the next set or priorities set.