Jemaah Islamiya/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Jemaah Islamiya, or pages that link to Jemaah Islamiya or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Jemaah Islamiya. Needs checking by a human.
- Al-Qaeda : International islamist terrorist network. Responsible for the 9-11 attack and other terrorist attacks.
- Caliphate : An Islamic form of government in which one person acts as head of state, head of government and head of religion; also the jurisdiction of such a government.
- David Kilcullen : A former Australian infantry officer with a doctorate in the study of insurgency and history, he is an advisor on counterinsurgency to the Australian and U.S. governments. His models draw a sharp distinction between the tactic of terror, and the conduct of wars that make use of that tactic. Board of Advisors, Center for a New American Security
- Extraordinary rendition, U.S., George W. Bush Administration : Policy, legal interpretation and examples, under the George W. Bush Administration, of extraordinary rendition, U.S., primarily related to the Administration's war on terror
- Hambali : An Indonesian described as the operations chief for Jemaah Islamiya and the liaison to al-Qaeda, a High Value Detainee in Guantanamo Bay detention camp
- High Value Detainee : Terrorist suspects in U.S. custody, considered to have critical information, for which the Central Intelligence Agency was authorized to use interrogation techniques beyond those normally permitted
- Indonesia : A country in Southeast Asia.
- Jamaat al-Islamiyya : An Egyptian jihadist organization, derived from the Muslim Brotherhood, which conducted terror operations primarily in Egypt in the 1990s; it has renounced violence but members have affiliated with al-Qaeda and other groups
- Khaldan training camp : Located in southeast Afghanistan near Khost, an al-Qaeda training facility, apparently in weapons, tactics and explosives, directed by Abu Zubaydah.
- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed : Described by the U.S. and by his own proud statement, the operational planner, for al-Qaeda, of the 9-11 attack; a U.S. High Value Detainee to be tried in a civilian criminal court in U.S. v. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, et al.
- Lashkar e-Tayyiba : (LeT); A Pakistan-based Jihadist group focused on Kashmir, widely banned as a terrorist organization, and possibly responsible for the 2008 Mumbai attacks
- Lillie : A Malaysian associated with al-Qaeda and Jemaah Islamiya, who is currently a High Value Detainee held at Guantanamo Bay detention camp
- Order of battle intelligence : A subset of intelligence analysis, which produces information on the organization, strength and deployment of an opposing force. Its basic principles are common to all forms of military forces, conventional and clandestine, but the methods of collection and analysis differ for different target organizations.
- Secret society : A type of subculture with three characteristics: "it is exclusive, it claims to own special secrets, and it shows a strong inclination to favor its own" (Alan Axelrod).
- Zubair : A member of Jemaah Islamiya (JI), who is a High Value Detainee in Guantanamo Bay detention camp