Jay Bybee/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Jay Bybee, or pages that link to Jay Bybee or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Jay Bybee. Needs checking by a human.
- High Value Detainee : Terrorist suspects in U.S. custody, considered to have critical information, for which the Central Intelligence Agency was authorized to use interrogation techniques beyond those normally permitted
- Intelligence interrogation, U.S., George W. Bush Administration : The policies and practices authorized for interrogation of suspected terrorists by the United States Department of Defense and the United States intelligence community during the George W. Bush Administration
- Jack Goldsmith : US law professor specializing in international law; former Assistant Attorney General, Office of Legal Counsel in the George W. Bush Administration
- Jose Padilla : An American citizen, convicted in 2007 of conspiring to assist in terrorism in foreign countries, who was originally arrested in 2002 by U.S. law enforcement, transferred by Presidential order to military custody and interrogation, and, as a result of Padilla v. Rumsfeld, sent back to civilian jurisdiction
- Office of Legal Counsel : Within the U.S. Department of Justice, the office that gives legal opinions on complex interagency and constitutional matters to the rest of the Executive Branch, including the Counsel to the President and the Attorney General
- Steven Bradbury : A U.S. lawyer who served as the Acting Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Legal Counsel between 2005 and 2009 during the George W. Bush Administration; he is now in private practice
- U.S. Department of Justice : The Cabinet level department headed by the Attorney General, which supervises the FBI and 58 other Agencies.