Jamal al-Fadl/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Jamal al-Fadl, or pages that link to Jamal al-Fadl or to this page or whose text .
- Osama bin Laden : Radical jihadist who, with Ayman al-Zawahiri, founded a group known as al-Qaeda, which is credited with a series of terrorist attacks.
- Al-Qaeda : International islamist terrorist network. Responsible for the 9-11 attack and other terrorist attacks.
- 1998 bombings of U.S. Embassies in Africa : Vehicle-borne suicide bomb attacks, conducted by al-Qaeda approximately nine minutes apart, on U.S. Embassies and civilian buildings in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and Nairobi, Kenya on August 7, 1998
- Intelligence interrogation, U.S. : Policies, techniques and practices of United States interrogation in a national intelligence-gathering context. (See Intelligence interrogation, U.S., George W. Bush Administration for recent detailed discussions)
- Jack Cloonan : Retired Federal Bureau of Investigation special agent, an expert on interrogation and terrorism; Liberty and Security Committee, Constitution Project; headed the FBI Osama bin Laden unit
- John O'Neill : Head of the Federal Bureau of Investigation counterterrorism unit, 1995-2001; he retired and became head of security at the World Trade Center, and died in the 9-11 Attack
- 9-11 Commission : A bipartisan U.S. government committee, formally the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, that reviewed why the 9-11 Attack was not detected or averted, evaluated the response to it, and recommended improvements for the future
- Abu Ayoub al-Iraqi : Reported as one of the founders of al-Qaeda, he appeared to drop from the leadership, and drowned in a ferry accident in Kenya in 1996
- Turki al-Faisal : Senior prince of Saudi Arabia, who has headed their General Intelligence Department and been Ambassador both to the U.K. and U.S.; board, International Crisis Group
- U.S. Intelligence and terrorism in the 1990s : Tracking and actions against terrorism by the United States intelligence community in the 1990s
- Uranium : A silvery-white metallic chemical element in the actinide series of the periodic table that has the symbol U and atomic number 92.