Jalaluddin Haqqani/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Jalaluddin Haqqani, or pages that link to Jalaluddin Haqqani or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Jalaluddin Haqqani. Needs checking by a human.
- CIA activities in the Middle East and South Asia : Add brief definition or description
- Federally Administered Tribal Area (Pakistan) : A region of Pakistan that is outside the regular system of Pakistani provincial government, involving a combination of tribal leaders and "agents" of the national government; the subdivisions are called "agencies", not "provinces"; from an international standpoint, it is fairly lawless
- Ghilzai : One of the two major tribes of the Pashtun people, rivals of the Durrani who founded the monarchy and retain leadership roles
- Muhammad Omar : Salafist cleric and leader of the Taliban
- Nangarhar Province : A province on the east of Afghanistan, on the Pakistani frontier, which forms its south and eastern sides; its major internal boundaries are with Kabul Province on its west, Langhman and Kunar Provinces to the north; the capital is Jalalabad, nearest town to the Battle of Tora Bora
- Osama bin Laden : Radical jihadist who, with Ayman al-Zawahiri, founded a group known as al-Qaeda, which is credited with a series of terrorist attacks.
- Paktika Province : A province of eastern Afghanistan, on the border with Pakistan
- Taliban and the present Afghan government : Explorations, by the present government of Afghanistan, to bring Taliban elements into a national unity government
- Taliban in Pakistan : Activities of the Taliban movement to take political control of parts of Pakistan, rather than using Pakistan as a sanctuary to operate in Afghanistan
- Taliban : Salafist Islamic militia, governing Afghanistan 1996–2001; still fighting in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- Yunis Khalis : An early leader of the mujahideen (1919-2006), whose stronghold was Jalalabad in Nangarhar Province.