Jack Cloonan/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Jack Cloonan, or pages that link to Jack Cloonan or to this page or whose text .
- Interrogation : A systematic process of direct questioning, of a person in detention or otherwise under the control of the interrogator, to obtain reliable information to satisfy criminal investigation or human-source intelligence requirements, within the scope of relevant law and policy
- Federal Bureau of Investigation : The principal U.S. Federal police agency, part of the U.S. Department of Justice and the United States intelligence community, who has arrest authority, and is the primary authority for a variety of domestic crimes, civilian counterespionage within the United States, and organized crime
- Intelligence interrogation, U.S. : Policies, techniques and practices of United States interrogation in a national intelligence-gathering context. (See Intelligence interrogation, U.S., George W. Bush Administration for recent detailed discussions)
- Intelligence interrogation, U.S., George W. Bush Administration : The policies and practices authorized for interrogation of suspected terrorists by the United States Department of Defense and the United States intelligence community during the George W. Bush Administration
- Jose Padilla : An American citizen, convicted in 2007 of conspiring to assist in terrorism in foreign countries, who was originally arrested in 2002 by U.S. law enforcement, transferred by Presidential order to military custody and interrogation, and, as a result of Padilla v. Rumsfeld, sent back to civilian jurisdiction
- Al-Qaeda : International islamist terrorist network. Responsible for the 9-11 attack and other terrorist attacks.
- Osama bin Laden : Radical jihadist who, with Ayman al-Zawahiri, founded a group known as al-Qaeda, which is credited with a series of terrorist attacks.
- Torture : The infliction of mental or physical pain, for punishment or as an interrogation technique.