Intra-squad radio/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Intra-squad radio, or pages that link to Intra-squad radio or to this page or whose text .
- Joint Tactical Radio System : A wide-ranging replacement of conventional military radio and communications security equipment with software-defined radio
- Squad (land forces) : The basic unit of infantry military tactics, composed of 7-13 soldiers, and subdivided into two or more fire teams
- AN/PRC-148 : The Multiband Inter/Intra Team Radio (MBITR), which covers the HF through VHF spectrum, is the first widely defined military software-defined radio, although it precedes the Joint Tactical Radio System.
- AN/PRC-154 : Intra-squad radio within the Joint Tactical Radio System, providing secure voice and personal location information for every soldier in an infantry squad
- AN/PRC-343 : British Army and U.S. Marine Corps interim, modified commercial intra-squad radio
- Squad tactical radio : The designation, in U.S. and many other militaries, for a backpack radio assigned to squads of 9-13 soldiers, used for tactical coordination over a range of approximately 5 miles/8 kilometers; subsequent generations are more rugged, secure, and more power-efficient