Identity politics/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Identity politics, or pages that link to Identity politics or to this page or whose text .
- Politics : Activity that relates to the way in which society is governed, and the process by which human beings living in communities make decisions and establish obligatory values for its members.
- Ethnicity : Add brief definition or description
- Race : A categorization of people according to specific physical attributes: most commonly, these are skin colour, facial characteristics and sometimes hair type.
- Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus : Add brief definition or description
- Congressional Black Caucus : Add brief definition or description
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus : Add brief definition or description
- American Israel Public Affairs Committee : Describing itself as "America's Pro-Israel Lobby", one of the most powerful lobbying organizations in the United States.
- Council on American Islamic Relations : Self-described as a Muslim American civil liberties and advocacy group, which makes its audited finances public, a group that has been challenged as a militant Islamic front by generally ideological critics
- La Raza : Add brief definition or description
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People : United States civil rights organization founded in 1909 "to ensure a society in which all individuals have equal rights and there is no racial hatred or racial discrimination"
- Zionist Organization of America : The oldest Zionist organization in the United States, who supports a one-state solution based on a historic and Biblical right of the Jewish people to have a state on both sides of the Jordan River; they regard a Palestinian state as dangerous
- Apartheid : The ideological and policy program that dictated racial identity and race relations in South Africa, 1948-1990
- Antisemitism : In basic usage, hostility against, or persecution of, Jews, rather than ethnically Semitic people in general, or non-Semitic Jews
- Civil rights : Rights considered inherent to members of a society, the arbitrary deprivation of which is subject to enforcement action
- Zionism : The ideology that Jews should form a Jewish state in what is traced as the Biblical area of Palestine; there are many interpretations, including the boundaries of such a state and its criteria for citizenship