From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Hukbalahap, or pages that link to Hukbalahap or to this page or whose text .
- Philippines : A large, democratic nation of Southeast Asia, consisting of an archipelago of over 7,000 islands, with many cultures, religions and languages.
- Insurgency : A wide range of political and military actions intended to change a government, through means considered illegal by that government.
- World War II : War between the Allies (most notably the UK, US and Soviet Union) and the Axis (principally Germany and Japan) 1939–1945.
- Japanese occupation of the Philippines : Add brief definition or description
- Philippine insurgencies : Add brief definition or description
- Cold War : Geostrategic, economic and ideological struggle from about 1947 to 1991 between the Soviet Union and the United States and their allies.
- Ramon Magsaysay : Defense Minister, and then President of the Republic of the Philippines, credited for successfully ending the Hukbalahap insurgency
- Edward Lansdale : A U.S. Air Force general on assignment to the CIA, key counterinsurgency advisor to Philippine President Ramon Magsaysay, involved in French Indochina and South Vietnam 1954-1960, although lost influence in U.S. policymaking through bureaucratic infighting