Hong Kong/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Hong Kong, or pages that link to Hong Kong or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Hong Kong. Needs checking by a human.
- 2046 (film) : Film that indirectly explores the return of the administration of Hong Kong to China following British rule.
- Acting : The portrayal of the physical, emotional and mental complexities of a given character in the theatre.
- Air Quality Index : A number used by government agencies to characterize the quality of the ambient air at a given location.
- Buddhism in the United States :
- China : The most populous nation on Earth, third largest by area.
- Chinese characters : (simplified Chinese 汉字; traditional Chinese: 漢字) are symbols used to write varieties of Chinese and - in modified form - other languages; world's oldest writing system in continuous use.
- Chow Yun-Fat : An award-winning Hong Kong Chinese actor in martial arts films.
- Deng Xiaoping : (1904-1997) Former chairman of the Communist Party of China who ended the cultural revolution.
- EBSCO : Privately-held American corporation that manufactures various products (such as fishing lures) and is best known for electronic publishing for libraries.
- Ebrahim Baronets : Four baronets with this title: (21st October 1840 - 26 September 1924) Sir Currimbhoy Ebrahim, 1st baronet, (11 September 1867 - 26 September 1924) Sir Mahomedbhoy Currimbhoy Ebrahim, 2nd baronet, (13 April 1903 - 4 March 1952) Sir Huseinlali Currimbhoy Ebrahim, 3rd baronet, and (b. 24 June 1935) Sir Mahomed Currimbhoy Ebrahim, 4th baronet.
- Film : A visual medium involving the recording and display of images in motion over time, generally by photographic means.
- Lacrosse : Team sport played outdoors by ten players (men) or twelve players (women), each of whom uses a netted stick (the crosse) in order to pass and catch a very hard rubber ball with the aim of scoring goals by propelling the ball into the opponent's goal.
- Laos, History : Add brief definition or description
- Macau : A Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China, and former Portuguese colony, located on the South China Sea south of Guangzhou.
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) : Add brief definition or description
- Metre (unit) : Unit of length; one of the seven SI base units.
- Nobuo Uematsu : (b. 1959) Japanese composer of video-game music.
- Pearl River : A large river in Southern China. formed from the confluence of three rivers, the North (Bei), West (Xi) and East (Dong) rivers, which collectivity drain a basin of 409,480 km².
- Project Muse : A subscription-based academic journals site operated by the Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Singapore : Even though of tiny size, one of the world's most prosperous countries, a trading and transportation center of Southeast Asia, made up of islands between Malaysia and Indonesia.
- Sun Yat-sen : Add brief definition or description
- The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order : A book, by Samuel Huntington, assuming a fundamental conflict between civilizations of different cultures, and discussing grand strategy to deal with this conflict
- U.S. intelligence and global health : Analysis by the United States intelligence community, in conjunction with more general health organizations, relating to issues of human survival from health-related issues
- USS Aquarius (AKA-16) : Manned by United States Coast Guard personnel, a WWII U.S. Arcturus-class attack cargo ship
- USS Capricornus (AKA-57) : WWII U.S. Achernar-class attack cargo ship
- USS Estes (AGC-12) : Mount McKinley-class amphibious command ship
- USS Mount McKinley (AGC-7) : The first of the WWII class of dedicated amphibious command ships
- USS Seminole (AKA-104) : Tolland-class attack cargo ship in World War Two
- USS St. Louis (LKA-116) : Charleston-class attack cargo ship
- USS Titania (AKA-13) : Arcturus class attack cargo ship named after one of the moons of Uranus
- USS Todd (AKA-71) : U.S. Navy WWII Tolland-class attack cargo ship
- USS Trousdale (AKA-79) : Tolland-class attack cargo ship
- USS Tulare (AKA-112) : U.S. Navy WWII C4 type attack cargo ship that operated from the 1950s into the late 1970s
- USS Virgo (AKA-20) : Andromeda-class attack cargo ship of the Second World War, later converted to an ammunition ship
- USS Warrick (AKA-89) : Serving in WWII, an Andromeda-class attack cargo ship
- USS Winston (AKA-94) : Serving in WWII, an Andromeda-class attack cargo ship
- Wars of Vietnam : The broad context of warfare in the modern area of Vietnam, of which the Vietnam War (1962-1975) is best known, but involves colonization, Japanese occupation, decolonization, and post-1975 but related warfare among Vietnam, Cambodia and China
- World War II, Pacific : The part of World War II (1937-45) fought in Asia and the Pacific Ocean between Japan and the U.S., China, Britain, Australia, and other Allies.
- World of Warcraft : An online video game, released by Blizzard Entertainment in 2004.