Ho Chi Minh/Personal names
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Nguyen Sinh Cung: "milk name" given at birth
- Nguyen Tat Thanh: name given by parents on entering adolescence, meaning "he who will succeed"
- Ba: alias given to French ship captain on going to sea in 1911
- Paul Tat Thanh: signature on 1913 letter from the United States
- Nguyen Ai Quoc: main revolutionary name, 1919-1942
- Ly Thuy: pseudonym on his arrival in China, 1924
- Lee Suei: name used as Vietnamese interpreter for the Soviet mission to China
- Nilovskii: pen name used while writing for the Soviet news agency, ROSTA, in the 1920s.
- Vuong (Wang in Chinese): pseudonym used while teaching at the Special Political Institute for the Vietnamese Revolution, in China during the 1920s
- Lin: pseudonym in Moscow, 1930s
- Hu Guang: name used while in China in the late 1930s
- P.C. Line: French-language pen name in 1938
- Ho Chi Minh: adopted in 1942, from the identity card of a Chinese journalist