From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Hit-to-kill, or pages that link to Hit-to-kill or to this page or whose text .
- Kinetic kill : Add brief definition or description
- Missile defense : When a "missile" is considered anything projected, with hostile intent, against a target, the defense problem is far greater than ballistic missile defense, including defense against cruise missiles and counter-rocket, artillery and mortar systems; integrated air defense systems become very complex when facing aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicles, and guided missiles
- Counter-rocket, artillery and mortar : Military equipment and techniques to detect unguided rockets, artillery shells, and mortar rounds in flight, warn friendly forces that are threatened, and, with new methods, intercept and destroy the projectiles before they can do damage
- Firearm : Device, often designed to be used as a weapon, which projects either single or multiple projectiles at high velocity, using the energy of gases generated by a controlled explosion.
- Edged weapon : A muscle-powered weapon that relies on the principle of the wedge, which may be applied as a single movement (e.g., a sword thrust) or after the accumulation of energy (e.g., an arrow released by drawing a bow)
- Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (missile) : An anti-ballistic missile, developed by the U.S. Army, intended as the high-altitude tier of a layered theater ballistic missile defense system
- MIM-104 Patriot : Missile originally developed for medium-to-high altitude aircraft interception (SAM) use, which, while retaining that capability, is now optimized as an anti-ballistic missile (ABM) for relatively small but critical areas. The SAM versions have explosive warheads but the ABM is hit-to-kill.
- Network Centric Airborne Defense Element (missile) : An air-launched anti-ballistic missile intended for boost-phase intercept, built on largely existing components from the AIM-120 AMRAAM and AIM-9 Sidewinder air-to-air missiles and AN/APG-63 radar
- RIM-161 Standard SM-3 : Theater anti-ballistic (i.e., midcourse and terminal phases) and anti-satellite missile, using hit-to-kill, launched from ships equipped with the AN/SPY-2 radar and AEGIS battle management system.