From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Bundy, William P. A Tangled Web: The Making of Foreign Policy in the Nixon Presidency (1998) excerpt and text search
- Dallek, Robert. Nixon and Kissinger: Partners in Power (2007) excerpt and text search
- Garthoff, Raymond L. Detente and Confrontation: American-Soviet Relations from Nixon to Reagan (2nd ed. 1994) excerpt and text search
- Goh, Evelyn. Constructing the U.S. Rapprochement with China, 1961-1974: From "Red Menace" to "Tacit Ally." (2005). 299 pp.
- Goh, Evelyn. "Nixon, Kissinger, and the 'Soviet Card' in the U.S. Opening to China, 1971-1974." Diplomatic History 2005 29(3): 475-502. Issn: 0145-2096 Fulltext: Ebsco
- Hanhimäki, Jussi M. "'Dr. Kissinger' or 'Mr. Henry'? Kissingerology, Thirty Years and Counting." Diplomatic History 2003 27(5): 637-676 full text at EBSCO
- Hanhimäki, Jussi M. "Ironies and Turning Points: Détente in Perspective," in Odd Arne Westad, ed. Reviewing the Cold War: Approaches, Interpretations, Theory (2000), pp 326-42; excerpt and text search
- Isaacson, Walter. Kissinger (1992); a major biography excerpt and text search
- Kuklick, Bruce. Blind Oracles: Intellectuals and War from Kennan to Kissinger. (2006). 241 pp. says nearly everyone with substantial academic credentials in the early Cold War decades was wrong nearly all the time.
- Litwak, Robert S. Détente and the Nixon Doctrine: American Foreign Policy and the Pursuit of Stability, 1969-1976 (1986)
- Macmillan, Margaret. Nixon and Mao: The Week That Changed the World (2008)
- Mann, James. About Face: A History of America's Curious Relationship with China, from Nixon to Clinton (1999).
- Morris, Roger. Uncertain Greatness: Henry Kissinger and American Foreign Policy (1977)
- Nelson, Keith L. The Making of Détente: Soviet-American Relations in the Shadow of Vietnam (1995)
- Qureshi, Lubna Zakia. Nixon, Kissinger, and Allende: U.S. Involvement in the 1973 Coup in Chile. Lexington Books, 2009.
- A revision of "Nixon, Kissinger, and Allende: A Study of U.S. Involvement in the 1973 Coup in Chile," Ph.D. diss., University of California, Berkeley, 2006.
- Ross, Robert S. Negotiating Cooperation: The United States and China, 1969-1989, Stanford University Press, 1995 online edition
- Schulzinger, Robert D. Henry Kissinger: Doctor of Diplomacy. (1989).
- Serewicz, Lawrence W. America at the Brink of Empire: Rusk, Kissinger, And the Vietnam War (2007), history of republicanism excerpt and text search; online review
- Suri, Jeremi. Henry Kissinger and the American Century (2007), intellectual biography focused on pre-Nixon years
- Tucker, Nancy Bernkopf. "Taiwan Expendable? Nixon and Kissinger Go to China." Journal of American History 2005 92(1): 109-135. Issn: 0021-8723 Fulltext: History Cooperative
- Warner, Geoffrey. "Nixon, Kissinger and the Rapprochement with China, 1969-1972." International Affairs 2007 83(4): 763-781. Issn: 0020-5850 Fulltext: Ebsco
- Willbanks, James H. Abandoning Vietnam: How America Left and South Vietnam Lost Its War (2004) excerpt and text search
- Kissinger, Henry. White House Years (1979). Nov. 1968-Jan. 1973; Years of Upheaval (1982). Jan. 1973 to Aug. 1974; Years of Renewal (1999), Aug. 1974 to Jan. 1977 excerpt and text search vol 3
- Kissinger, Henry. "The Conservative Dilemma: Reflections on the Political Thought of Metternich" The American Political Science Review, Vol. 48, No. 4 (Dec., 1954), pp. 1017-1030 in JSTOR
- Kissinger, Henry. "The Congress of Vienna: A Reappraisal," World Politics, Vol. 8, No. 2 (Jan., 1956), pp. 264-280 in JSTOR
- Kissinger, Henry. A World Restored: Metternich, Castlereagh and the Problems of Peace 1812-22. (1957), his revised PhD dissertation.
- Kissinger, Henry. "Acceptance Speech" for The Nobel Peace Prize 1973 online edition
- Kissinger, Henry. "Address to the Sixth Special Session of the United Nations General Assembly," International Organization, Vol. 28, No. 3 (Summer, 1974), pp. 573-583 in JSTOR
- Kissinger, Henry. American Foreign Policy (3rd ed. 1977), his speeches
- Kissinger, Henry. "The Kissinger Commission on Population and Development in Central America," Population and Development Review, Vol. 10, No. 2 (Jun., 1984), pp. 381-389 in JSTOR
- Kissinger, Henry. Diplomacy (1994) an interpretive history since 1815
- Kissinger, Henry. Ending the Vietnam War: A History of America's Involvement in and Extrication from the Vietnam War (2003) excerpt and text search
- Haldeman, H. R. The Haldeman Diaries: Inside the Nixon White House (1994)
- Nixon, Richard. RN: The Memoirs of Richard Nixon (1981) excerpt and text search