From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Hemostasis, or pages that link to Hemostasis or to this page or whose text .
- Coagulation : The process of the interaction of blood coagulation factors that results in an insoluble fibrin clot.
- Anticoagulant : Agents that prevent blood clotting.
- Warfarin : Rat poison also used as anticoagulant medication to prevent embolism and thrombosis
- Platelet activation : Series of progressive, overlapping events triggered by exposure of the platelets to subendothelial tissue, and release reactions.
- Platelet aggregation inhibitor : Add brief definition or description
- Aspirin : Common analgesic used for treating mild to moderate pain; protective against blood clots and heart disease when administered indefinitely in low doses