Heavy Equipment Transporter System/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Heavy Equipment Transporter System, or pages that link to Heavy Equipment Transporter System or to this page or whose text .
- Logistics (military) : "The science of planning and carrying out the movement and maintenance of forces." (Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms)
- United States Army : Branch of the United States Armed Forces with the principal responsibility of conducting large-scale ground combat
- United States Marine Corps : A branch of the United States Armed Forces, with primary responsibilities as naval infantry and in amphibious warfare, are organized in Marine Air-Ground Task Forces capable of serving as up to corps headquarters with integrated close air support
- Assault Breacher Vehicle : U.S. Marine Corps vehicle remanufactured from M1 Abrams tanks for combat engineers to use in penetrating obstacles, standard minefields, and areas with improvised explosive devices
- M1 Abrams (tank) : Heavily armed and armored but expensive and heavy, main battle tank, designed for the United States Army, and used by the United States Marine Corps and several allies; proven from the Gulf War onwards.
- M104 Wolverine : A self-propelled armored launcher for bridges, capable of carrying M1 Abrams tanks; only a few were built due to their cost
- Afghanistan War (2001-) : Beginning on October 7, 2001, in response to the 9-11 attacks, military operations against the Taliban and al-Qaeda by United States and NATO forces
- Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck : Standard modular heavy truck series for the United States Army
- Swarming (military) : A method of military attacking using multiple attack forces against an opponent, which act in an autonomous but synchronized manner, with real-time communications for their coordination
- Tank (military) : A large land combat vehicle that moves on continuous tracks rather than wheels, has its primary armament in a rotating armored turret, is armored against more than small arms fire, and, while it can be extremely effective in many combat situations, is optimized to kill other tanks
- United States Transportation Command : The single point of contact and operations for transportation services, by land, air, and sea, for the U.S. Department of Defense