|Many thanks March 2014 donors; special to Darren Duncan. April 2014 donations open; need minimum total $100. Let's exceed that.
Donate here. Donating gifts yourself and CZ.
Heat capacity/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Heat capacity, or pages that link to Heat capacity or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Heat capacity. Needs checking by a human.
- Climate : The overall weather pattern for an extended period for any defined geographical location which may be over any size of area up to and including the entire Earth.
- Count Rumford : (1753–1814) An American born soldier, statesman, scientist, inventor and social reformer.
- International System of Units : Metric unit system based on the metre, kilogram, second, ampere, kelvin, mole and candela.
- Joule : The SI unit of energy (symbol: J) which is a measure of the capacity to do work or generate heat.
- Nuclear fuel : Material that can be consumed to derive nuclear energy, usually heavy fissile elements that can be made to undergo nuclear fission chain reactions in a nuclear fission reactor.
- Specific heat ratio : The ratio of the specific heat of a gas at constant pressure, , to the specific heat at constant volume, , also sometimes called the adiabatic index or the heat capacity ratio or the isentropic expansion factor.
- Specific heat : The ratio of the quantity of heat required to raise the temperature of a body one degree to that required to raise the temperature of an equal mass of water one degree Celsius.
- Temperature : A fundamental quantity in physics - describes how warm or cold a system is.