From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Headache, or pages that link to Headache or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Headache. Needs checking by a human.
- Acetaminophen : An analgesic antipyretic drug widely used for the treatment of headaches, fever and other minor aches and pains; has no antiinflammatory activity
- Acupuncture : A form of alternative medicine that involves inserting and manipulating needles into 'acupuncture points' on the body with the aim of restoring health and well-being.
- Amphetamine : A synthetic central nervous system stimulant which is used, today, to treat limited medical disorders.
- Anxiety : A physiological state marked by demonstrable changes in cognitive, somatic, emotional, and behavioral components.
- Brain concussion : A nonspecific term used to describe transient alterations or loss of consciousness following closed head injuries.
- Chiropractic : A complementary, alternative health-care profession that aims to heal using manual therapies on the spine and extremities.
- Common cold : Contagious viral upper respiratory tract infection.
- Diagnostic test : Test performed to aid in the diagnosis or detection of a disordered system; may be one of the many forms of medical diagnostic, diagnostic testing of software or machines, etc.
- Digital object identifier : Unique label for a computer readable object that can be found on the internet, usually used in academic journals.
- Ebola : A virus that causes severe hemhorragic fever and often death, that is easily spread.
- Fibromyalgia : Inflammation of the fibrous or connective tissue of the body, characterized by acute and debilitating widespread musculoskeletal pain.
- Legionnaires' disease : Type of pneumonia caused by the bacterial species Legionella pneumophila, a ubiquitous aquatic organism that thrives in warm environments.
- Medically unexplained physical symptoms : Symptoms for which the treating physician, other healthcare providers, and research scientists have found no medical cause.
- Migraine headache : Vascular type of headache, marked by severe cranial vault pain lasting several hours, resulting from intracranial, extracranial, or psychogenic causes.
- Pain : Unpleasant feeling or hurtful sensation that is conveyed to the brain by stimulation of sensory neurons.
- Phenothiazine : Organic compound that occurs in various antipsychotic and antihistaminic drugs, used in the treatment of psychiatric disorders, such as schizophrenia.
- Sign (medical) : An objective finding on physical examination or diagnostic testing, complementing the subjective symptoms reported by a patient
- Spinal puncture : Tapping of the subarachnoid space in the lumbar region, usually between the third and fourth lumbar vertebrae.
- X-ray computed tomography : Three-dimensional medical imaging method, employing tomography created by computer processing.