Hans Oster/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Hans Oster, or pages that link to Hans Oster or to this page or whose text .
- German Resistance : Individuals and groups in Nazi Germany who opposed the regime of Adolf Hitler between 1933 and 1945.
- Abwehr : German military counterintelligence and external intelligence in World War II, eventually absorbed into the Nazi party security apparatus other than purely military support
- Ludwig Beck : (1880-1944) General in the German Army, became f Army Chief of Staff in 1933 with the rise of the Nazis but removed in 1938 for plotting against the regime; member of the German Resistance; committed suicide after the failure of the 1944 assassination attempt against Hitler; the conspirators planned to install him as chief of state
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer : Christian theologian and long-term anti-Nazi; arrested and executed following 1944 assassination attempt against Hitler
- Wilhelm Canaris : Rear Admiral in the German Navy during WWII; commanded Abwehr military intelligence service, which contained many anti-Nazi conspirators and was eventually absorbed by the SS; eventually executed at Flossenburg Concentration Camp
- Hans von Dohanyi : Add brief definition or description
- Artur Nebe : German police officer before the Nazis, first sympathetic then part of the resistance; headed KRIPO and then an Einsatzgruppe; executed for anti-Nazi activities
- Manfred Roeder (Army jurist) : Add brief definition or description
- Hans Sonderegger : Add brief definition or description
- Gestapo : The secret political police force of Nazi Germany, a state rather than party organization, reporting both to the SS (Party) and Ministry of the Interior (State)
- Flossenburg Concentration Camp : Fourth Nazi concentration camp, established in 1938, of strict regime of slave labor in a stone quarry, not far from Weiden; also used for prominent prisoners