Gulf War, Coalition order of battle
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
This article lists the major military organizations involved in the Gulf. Command relationships often became complex, sometimes with the same officer having several jobs.
- Prince bin Sultan, commanding Saudi and Pan-Arab forces
- GEN H Norman Schwarzkopf Jr. , commanding United States Central Command, non-Arab allies. Final decisionmaker on operations in the theater.
United States Central Command
- GEN H Norman Schwarzkopf Jr. , commanding
- LTG Cal Waller, deputy commanding general; temporary commander of Third United States Army while LTG Yeosock was ill.
- LTG Sir Peter de la Billiere, commanding UK forces
GEN Schwarzkopf retained land combat command
- Third United States Army, LTG John Yeosock
- XVIII Airborne Corps], LTG Gary Luck
- VII Corps, LTG Fred Franks
- 1st Cavalry Division (CENTCOM reserve)
- I Marine Expeditionary Force LTG Walter Boomer (also Marine Component Commander)
- 1st Marine Division
- 2nd Marine Division
- U.S. Army "Tiger" armored brigade
- 22 Logistics Command
Special Operations Component
COL Jesse Johnson
- (unacknowledged) Joint Special Operations Command under MG Wayne Downing
- Elements, 75th Ranger Regiment
- Elements, 1st Special Operations Detachment (Delta)'
- Elements, 60th Special Operations Aviation Regiment