Groupement de Commandos Mixtes Aeroportes/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Groupement de Commandos Mixtes Aeroportes, or pages that link to Groupement de Commandos Mixtes Aeroportes or to this page or whose text .
- Special operations : Military or paramilitary operations that differ from conventional operations in degree of physical and political risk, operational techniques, mode of employment, independence from friendly support, and dependence on detailed operational intelligence and indigenous assets; they are often controlled at a national or strategic level of command
- Indochinese revolution : The period, within the Wars of Vietnam, 1858-1987, between which France reasserted its colonial authority over Indochina in 1945, created a proto-state of Vietnam under a provisional government during which there was increasing insurgency, fought conventionally combat with the Viet Minh starting in 1950, and ended in 1954. The end, militarily, involved the defeat of French forces at Dien Bien Phu and. politically, with the creation of North Vietnam and South Vietnam by the Geneva accords
- Roger Trinquier : An influential French guerrilla and counterguerrilla officer in the 1950s and 1960s, best known for his work in Indochina (i.e. before the French left) in the extended Vietnam War, and in the Algerian War of Independence. He is one of the very few doctrinal writers to have endorsed even the controlled use of torture.
- French Army : Add brief definition or description
- Guerilla warfare : A set of strategic, operational, and tactical actions, within a political context, taken against an enemy in territory dominated by that enemy, by irregular troops, often not uniformed
- United States Army Special Forces : United States Army organization originally created to train and lead guerrillas, highly qualified to work with other cultures; acquired additional missions including foreign internal defense, direct action (military), special reconnaissance, counterterrorism, etc.
- Algerian War : (1954-1962) Fought by Algerians seeking independence from French colonial rule.