Gregor Strasser/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Gregor Strasser, or pages that link to Gregor Strasser or to this page or whose text .
- Socialism : Any socio-economic system in which property and distribution of wealth are controlled by a community, by cooperation law.
- National Socialism : The totalitarian ideology espoused by Adolf Hitler and the German Nazi Party; its program was first stated formally in 1920, drafted by Hitler, Gottfried Feder and Anton Drexler
- Otto Strasser : (1897-1974), younger brother of Gregor Strasser; WW1 officer, Freikorps leader, Ex-SPD, Working Association of the North and West, formed the socialist anti-Nazi Black Front when expelled from the NDSAP in 1930
- Joseph Goebbels : German propaganda minister under Adolf Hitler; Gauleiter of Berlin (1929 - 1945)
- Robert Ley : (1890 – 1945), Nazi German politician, head of the German Labour Front from 1933 to 1945, committed suicide while awaiting trial for war crimes
- Sturmabteilung : The Nazi "brownshirt" paramilitary organization, also known as the SA
- Ernst Roehm : (1887-1934) Career military officer; early Nazi and closest friend of Adolf Hitler, and the operational leader, in the 1930s, of the Sturmabteilung ("Storm Troops"; “Brownshirts”, SA); revolutionary who emphasized socialism in National Socialism; purged and killed 1934, as part of the Night of the Long Knives
- Gottfried Feder : German construction engineer and amateur economist, who cofounded the German Workers' Party, which became the Nazi Party; attracted Adolf Hitler; fell out of favor due to left-wing views
- Night of the Long Knives : 30 June 1934 Nazi purge, personally led by Adolf Hitler of internal political opponents, primarily Ernst Roehm and the SA, but including various others, such as Gregor Strasser or Gen. Kurt von Schleicher, considered a risk or embarrassment to the new coalition with the Right
- Theodor Eicke : Nazi Gruppenfuehrer; first commandant of Dachau Concentration Camp and became Inspector of Concentration Camps; with Michael Lippert, personally killed Ernst Roehm during Night of the Long Knives purge; commanded SS Totenkopf Division 1939-1943, when killed in a plane crash