Graham Martin/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Graham Martin, or pages that link to Graham Martin or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Graham Martin. Needs checking by a human.
- Ambassador : An individual of the highest diplomatic rank, most commonly the representative of the head of state of his or her government to the head of state of the country to which the ambassador is accredited.
- Fall of South Vietnam : The result of a series of conventional military actions by the People's Army of Viet Nam, under the direction of the Politburo of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, which led to the dissolution of the Republic of Vietnam and the reunification of North and South Vietnam into the Socialist Republic of Vietnam
- Operation FREQUENT WIND : The U.S. evacuations of people near Saigon, as Vietnam was overrun by the People's Army of Viet Nam.
- Saigon : The largest city of Vietnam, renamed Ho Chi Minh City after reunification of the North and South in 1975
- United States Mission to the Republic of Vietnam : The combination of all U.S. official organizations in Vietnam; during the Vietnam War, it included the military, as opposed to the separate chains of command in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Vietnam War : A post-colonial independence/Cold War conflict between communist North Vietnam against South Vietnam, assisted by the United States (1955-1975), to unify Vietnam; won by North Vietnam in 1975.
- Vietnamization : A policy, formalized by name in the Nixon Administration but reflecting earlier U.S. thinking, of making the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam primarily responsible for conventional ground combat, in South Vietnam, during the Vietnam War
- Wars of Vietnam : The broad context of warfare in the modern area of Vietnam, of which the Vietnam War (1962-1975) is best known, but involves colonization, Japanese occupation, decolonization, and post-1975 but related warfare among Vietnam, Cambodia and China