From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Glycogenesis, or pages that link to Glycogenesis or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Glycogenesis. Needs checking by a human.
- Anabolism : Biological processes that build larger molecules from smaller ones, and increase the size of bones, organs and muscles.
- Carbohydrate metabolism : The various biochemical processes responsible for the formation, breakdown and interconversion of carbohydrates in living organisms.
- Diabetes mellitus : Relative or absolute lack of insulin leading to uncontrolled carbohydrate metabolism.
- Glucose : A monosaccharide (or simple sugar) and an important carbohydrate in biology, used by the living cell as a source of energy and metabolic intermediate.
- Glycogen : Polysaccharide that is the main form of carbohydrate storage in animals and occurs primarily in the liver and muscle tissue.
- Metabolism : The modification of chemical substances by living organisms.