Global warming/External Links
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner and consider archiving the URLs behind the links you provide. See also related web sources.
- The Psychology of Climate Change Communication - A Guide for Scientists, Journalists, Educators, Political Aides, and the Interested Public
- Global Climate Change — a NASA website on all things climate, and changes thereof
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) ("The ... leading international body for the assessment of climate change. It was established by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) to provide the world with a clear scientific view on the current state of knowledge in climate change and its potential environmental and socio-economic impacts. The IPCC is a scientific body. It reviews and assesses the most recent scientific, technical and socio-economic information produced worldwide relevant to the understanding of climate change. It does not conduct any research nor does it monitor climate related data or parameters.")
- Nature Climate Change ("In April 2011, we will launch Nature Climate Change, a full-fledged journal, whose mission will be to publish original research on climate change and its impacts, as well as to place such change in a wider social and political context. This new addition to the Nature family of journals is exciting for a number of reasons. As an interdisciplinary publication, Nature Climate Change will be the first Nature-branded title to publish research from social scientists.")
- NOAA's Global Warming FAQ (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration: National Climatic Data Center)
- Outgoing Longwave Radiation pentad mean - NOAA Climate Prediction Center
- Discovery of Global Warming — An extensive introduction to the topic and the history of its discovery
- Caution urged on climate 'risks' BBC News
- NASA Finds Sun-Climate Connection in Old Nile Records
- News in Science - Night flights are worse for global warming - 15/06/2006 Report of a paper in Nature which suggests that restrictions on night flights could ease the aviation industry's fast-growing contribution to global warming.
- Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide and Carbon Isotope Records - a compilation of independent records
- University of East Anglia: Climatic Research Unit
- Penn State Department of Meteorology
- Climate Change The Royal Society "It is certain that increased greenhouse gas emissions from the burning of fossil fuels and from land use change lead to a warming of climate, and it is very likely that these green house gases are the dominant cause of the global warming that has been taking place over the last 50 years"
- What Is Global Warming? Simulation from National Geographic
- The EdGCM (Educational Global Climate Modelling) Project free research-quality simulation for students, educators, and scientists alike, with a user-friendly interface that runs on desktop computers
- Daily global temperatures and trends from satellites Interactive graphics from NASA
- The Pew Center on global climate change
- A brief history of climate change BBC News
- Intergovenmental Panel On Climate Change
- Good source for Reports on action being taken, this also involves provides details on work towards the safe climate act
- The Global Warming Survival Guide from Time.com
- UBS Launches First Global Warming Index "UBS-GWI"
- Global Warming News & Articles Portal
- UN: rearing cattle produces more greenhouse gases than driving cars
- Science and Technology Librarianship: Global Warming and Climate Change Science – Extensive commented list of Internet resources – Science and Technology Sources on the Internet.
- Union of Concerned Scientists Global Warming page
- Watch and read 'Tipping Point', Australian science documentary about effects of global warming on rare, common, and endangered wildlife
- Newest reports on U.S. EPA website
- IPS Inter Press Service — Independent news on global warming and its consequences.
- Indonesia Counts Its Islands Before It Is Too Late
- World Environment Day 2007 "Melting Ice" image gallery at The Guardian
- Climate Counts - corporate watchdog
- environment360 - a platform where scientists and journalists collaborate to provide unbiased information on environmental issues, including global warming
- Roundup: Climate science in 2009 - a summary of scientific debates on climate change in 2009, with a focus on global warming
- Can the world live with the pace of economic growth? Time to find out — a report by Michael McCarthy from the Sustainable Planet Forum in Lyon, September 2010