Frederick Kagan/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Frederick Kagan, or pages that link to Frederick Kagan or to this page or whose text .
- Donald Kagan : Historian and classics professor at Yale University, expert on the Peloponnesian War; Trustee emeritus, Hudson Institute; father of Robert Kagan and Frederick Kagan; Project for the New American Century
- Political science : Social science that studies politics, political systems and political behavior.
- Counterinsurgency : Theory and practice of defeating insurgency without creating even more local resistance or strategic failures
- Afghanistan War (2001-) : Beginning on October 7, 2001, in response to the 9-11 attacks, military operations against the Taliban and al-Qaeda by United States and NATO forces
- Iraq War : Invasion of Iraq by a coalition of countries, led by the United States, in 2003, and subsequent occupation
- U.S. policy towards Afghanistan : The grand strategy of the United States towards Afghanistan, dealing with the continuing Afghanistan War (2001-) both with its own and multinational resources (e.g., NATO International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) and the United Nations Mission to Afghanistan (UNAMA)]]
- Brookings Institution : Generally considered neutral in its overall output, a large think tank in Washington, D.C.
- Stanley McChrystal : General, United States Army; senior Western military officer in Afghanistan, commanding the International Security Assistance Force and United States Forces-Afghanistan; professional background in special operations including heading the Joint Special Operations Command and 75th Ranger Regiment; previously Military Fellow, Council on Foreign Relations
- Center for Security Policy : An American conservative research and policy advisory group, founded by Frank Gaffney, Jr., focused on the preservation of all aspects of American national power
- Kimberly Kagan : Military historian, president of the Institute for the Study of War; member of the Strategic Assessment Group for GEN Stanley McChrystal in developing new doctrine for the Afghanistan War (2001-); adviser to Multi-National Force-Iraq; spouse of Frederick Kagan
- Iraq Study Group : Add brief definition or description
- Robert Kagan : U.S. foreign policy analyst and influencer; cofounder of the new Foreign Policy Initiative; senior associate, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, contributing editor at the New Republic and Weekly Standard, columnist, Washington Post; member, Council on Foreign Relations; fellow in American diplomatic history at American University; Aspen Strategy Group, Aspen Institute; son of Donald Kagan and brother of Frederick Kagan
- United States Military Academy : The undergraduate professional college of the United States Army, at West Point, New York