Fort Bragg/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Fort Bragg, or pages that link to Fort Bragg or to this page or whose text .
- United States Army : Branch of the United States Armed Forces with the principal responsibility of conducting large-scale ground combat
- North Carolina : A state in the southeastern region of the United States
- XVIII Airborne Corps : A corps headquarters of the United States Army, long reserved for highly mobile strategic reserve operations but now deployed when the corps level of command is needed; headed by LTG Frank Helmick
- United States Army Special Forces : United States Army organization originally created to train and lead guerrillas, highly qualified to work with other cultures; acquired additional missions including foreign internal defense, direct action (military), special reconnaissance, counterterrorism, etc.
- 82nd Airborne Division : One of the strategic reserve units of the United States Army, this is the only division-sized organization that is completely parachute-qualified for air assault operations.