From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Football, or pages that link to Football or to this page or whose text .
- Sports : Activities that involve skill and physical exertion, and that are governed by a generally accepted set of rules and guidelines.
- Game : A structured or semi-structured contrived activity, primarily undertaken for enjoyment or, sometimes, practice.
- American football : A high-contact sport played by two teams of 11 players on a 100-yard field that originated in the United States of America.
- Association football (soccer) : A sport in which two teams, each consisting of 11 players, compete to move a spherical ball around the playing field and into their opponents' goal; with the exception of the goalkeeper, players may not use their hands or arms to control the ball.
- Australian rules football : A form of football that is very popular in Australia
- Canadian football : A form of football played 12-a-side that is very popular in its native Canada.
- Gaelic football : A form of football that is very popular in Ireland
- History of football to 1900 : Development of football in its different codes to 1900
- Rugby league : A form of football played between two teams of 13 players each
- Rugby union : a contact sport, played by 15 players on each team on a grass pitch with an oval ball
- Brain concussion : A nonspecific term used to describe transient alterations or loss of consciousness following closed head injuries.
- FIFA : Acronym for the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (French for International Federation of Association Football), the international governing body of association football.
- History of cricket : High-level summary of the sport's development from its perceived origins in medieval England to the present day.
- Immigrant Song : A 1970 song written and recorded by Led Zeppelin, which became a charting US single off Led Zeppelin III, and a centrepiece for the group's live performances.
- Six Nations Championship : "The premiere Northern-hemisphere international Rugby union competition."