Federal Environment Agency of Germany/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Federal Environment Agency of Germany, or pages that link to Federal Environment Agency of Germany or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Earth science : The study of the components and processes of the planet Earth.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Environmental engineering : A field of engineering devoted to remediation of all forms of pollution.
- Meteorology : The interdisciplinary scientific study of the processes and phenomena of the atmosphere, including weather studies and forecasting
- Air pollutant concentrations : Methods for conversion of air pollutant concentrations.
- Air pollution dispersion modeling : Describes the basic mathematical simulation (i.e., modeling) of how buoyant air pollutants disperse in the atmosphere.
- Air pollution dispersion terminology : Describes and explains the words and technical terms that have a special meaning to workers in the field of air pollution dispersion modeling.
- Air Quality Modeling Group : A group within the U.S. EPA's Office of Air and Radiation that provides leadership and direction on the use of air quality models and air pollution dispersion models.
- Air Resources Laboratory : A group within the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration that develops climate models, air quality models and models for dispersion, transformation and removal of atmospheric pollutants.
- California Environmental Protection Agency : A state cabinet-level agency within the government of California whose mission is to restore, protect and enhance the environment, to ensure public health, environmental quality and economic vitality.
- Climate : The overall weather pattern for an extended period for any defined geographical location which may be over any size of area up to and including the entire Earth.
- Climate change : Add brief definition or description
- Czech Hydrometeorological Institute : The Czech governmental institute responsible for the study, research and information of air quality, meteorology and hydrology.
- Environment Canada : Add brief definition or description
- European Environment Agency : An agency of the European Union (EU) established as a major source of information and data for developing, adopting, implementing and evaluating environmental policy by member European countries.
- Finnish Meteorological Institute : The government agency responsible for gathering and reporting weather data and forecasts in Finland.
- German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety : Add brief definition or description
- Met Office : The United Kingdom's national weather service and an executive agency of the United Kingom's Ministry of Defence.
- Ministry of Ecology, Sustainable Development and Territorial Development (France) : Add brief definition or description
- Ministry of Environmental Protection (China) : Add brief definition or description
- National Environmental Research Institute of Denmark : An independent environmental research institute within the University of Aarhus in Denmark that undertakes scientific consulting work and monitoring of the environment as well as applied and strategic research.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration : A scientific agency within the United States Department of Commerce focused on the conditions of the oceans and the atmosphere.
- Netherlands National Institute for Public Health and the Environment : A research institute that is an independent agency of the Dutch Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport and is a recognised leading center of expertise in the fields of health, nutrition and environmental protection.
- Norwegian Institute for Air Research : A private Norwegian research institute that is one of the leading specialized scientific institutes in Europe dealing solely with problems related to air pollution.
- Royal Dutch Meteorological Institute : The Dutch national weather forecasting service and also the national research and information centre for climate change, air pollution dispersion modeling and seismology.
- Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute : A Swedish governmental meteorological and hydrological institute.
- UK Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs : The governmental department responsible for protection of the environment, food production and standards, agriculture, fisheries and rural matters in the United Kingdom (UK).
- UK Environment Agency : An environmental protection agency that is a non-departmental public body of the UK Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and a sponsored public body of the National Assembly for Wales.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency : An agency of the federal government of the United States of America whose mission is to protect human health and safeguard the natural environment (air, water and land) of the nation