Fatty acid metabolism/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Fatty acid metabolism, or pages that link to Fatty acid metabolism or to this page or whose text .
- Metabolism : The modification of chemical substances by living organisms.
- Fatty acid : A variant of lipids commonly found in cell membranes and characterized by a hydrophilic head and a hydrophobic tail.
- Acetylcholine : A chemical transmitter in both the peripheral nervous system (PNS) and central nervous system (CNS) in many organisms including humans.
- Beta oxidation : The process by which fatty acids, in the form of Acyl-CoA molecules, are broken down in the mitochondria to generate Acetyl-CoA, the entry molecule for the Krebs Cycle.
- Adenosine triphosphate : A molecule sometimes called the "energy currency" of a cell
- Adipose tissue : Connective tissue composed of adipocytes, commonly known as "fat.
- Coenzyme A : A coenzyme notable for its role in the synthesis and oxidization of fatty acids, and the oxidation of pyruvate in the citric acid cycle.