FAN SONG (radar)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to FAN SONG (radar), or pages that link to FAN SONG (radar) or to this page or whose text .
- Radar : (acronym for "radio detection and ranging") A technique used for detecting and tracking targets, navigation, imagery, and special applications.
- Surface-to-air missile : A guided missile fired from land or water, to destroy aircraft and possibly missiles; naval versions may have a secondary anti-shipping missile capability
- S-75 Dvina : S-75 Dvina surface-to-air missile (SAM) systems were the first Soviet air defense missiles in wide deployment. Their NATO reporting designation was SA-2 GUIDELINE.
- Electronic warfare : A subset of information operations that deals with the use of electromagnetic or kinetic means to degrade an enemy's military electronics systems, to be able to operate one's own electronics in the face of enemy attacks, and to evade those attacks through protection or deception
- Integrated air defense system : An air defense that combines radar, anti-aircraft artillery, surface-to-air missiles, and fighter aircraft, presenting multiple layers of defense under systematic command and control
- Operation LINEBACKER II : The most intense air campaign of the Vietnam War, directed against North Vietnam to force it back to the Paris Peace Talks; a peace agreement was signed one month after the start of the 11 days of attacks