F-15 series fighter aircraft/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to F-15 series fighter aircraft, or pages that link to F-15 series fighter aircraft or to this page or whose text .
- Air warfare planning : The set of doctrines and procedures for carrying out all types of air warfare, as an integrated whole
- Fighter aircraft : Airplanes that have a principal mission of destroying other airplanes in flight, often with a secondary capability to attack ground targets
- United States Air Force : One of the uniformed services of the United States, with principal responsibility for land-based long-range and high-performance aircraft, as well as land-based intercontinental ballistic missiles
- F-15 Eagle : A series of air superiority fighters, designed for the United States Air Force and flown by several countries; intended for the high role in the high-low mix; The F-15E Strike Eagle is a multirole fighter variant.
- F-15E Strike Eagle : A variant of the F-15 Eagle air superiority fighter, which is optimized for all-weather attack on ground targets
- AN/APG-63 : A radar system for F-15 Eagle and, in its fourth version, F-15E Strike Eagle fighters
- AN/APG-70 : An evolutionary branch, which added ground mapping as well as air-to-air tracking & fire control, of the AN/APG-63 radar of the F-15 Eagle air superiority fighter. It was introduced for the F-15E Strike Eagle fighter-bomber variant, and its function will reconverge into the AN/APG-63 series as V(4).
- AN/ALR-56 : A radar warning receiver, part of the electronic warfare suite for most F-15 series fighter aircraft
- Joint Tactical Information Distribution System : The primary communications system used for sharing tactical information internally, and among NATO, Australia, and other U.S. allies
- AIM-9 Sidewinder : The first operational heat-seeking air-to-air missile, this weapon, with five generations of improvements, has been in service for over fifty years.
- AIM-120 AMRAAM : A high-performance. beyond-visual-range, air-to-air missile with inertial midcourse guidance and active radar terminal guidane, developed by the U.S. and used on the aircraft of a number of countries, as well as in surface-to-air missile variants
- HOTAS :
- Su-27 : Add brief definition or description
- MiG-29 : Add brief definition or description