- Environment (biology): In general, the immediate surrounding of a biological unit at distances that differ in size from that of the unit by only very few orders of magnitude.
- : ----
The politicization of a range of scientific issues involving global warming, air pollution, water pollution, questions of sustainability like the sustainable city, biodiversity and other, scientific and technical issues of biology, ecology, physics and other sciences and engineering.
- Environment (mathematics): Add brief definition or description
- Natural environment: A term that encompasses all living and non-living things occurring naturally on Earth or some region of Earth.
- Built environment: The man-made surroundings that provide the setting for human activity.
- Social environment: Add brief definition or description
- Runtime environment: Add brief definition or description
- Environmental geography: Examines interlinkages between human and natural systems.
- Environmental science: Interdisciplinary scientific field that integrates physical and life sciences including physics, chemistry, biology, soil science, geology, and geography in the study of the physical environment and the solution of environmental problems.