Emily Overend Lorimer/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Emily Overend Lorimer, or pages that link to Emily Overend Lorimer or to this page or whose text .
- German language : A West-Germanic language, the official language of Germany, Austria and Liechtenstein, one of several official languages in Switzerland and Belgium, and also spoken in Italy and Denmark.
- Arab Revolt (First World War) : A complex set of political, intelligence, and military actions that led to Arab tribal support of Allied actions against the Ottoman Empire, roughly covering the 1915-1918 period
- National Socialism : The totalitarian ideology espoused by Adolf Hitler and the German Nazi Party; its program was first stated formally in 1920, drafted by Hitler, Gottfried Feder and Anton Drexler
- Adolf Hitler : (1889–1945) Politician in Germany; became 1921 Nazi Party leader, 1933 Reichskanzler (Chancellor), then 1934 as der Führer dictator before and during World War II.
- Mein Kampf : Adolf Hitler's autobiography, setting out his ideological and political plans in 1925-1926
- Gertrude Bell : (1868-1926) British expert on the Middle East, involved in strategic intelligence for the Arab Revolt (First World War) and had a major influence on the formation of modern Iraq.
- David Lorimer : (1876-1962) British Indian Army and political service officer; Linguist; Political Representative in Cairo during the First World War; husband of Emily Overend Lorimer
- Oxford University : Add brief definition or description