Electronic countermeasures suite controller/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
< Electronic countermeasures suite controller(Redirected from Electronics countermeasures suite controller/Related Articles)
- See also changes related to Electronic countermeasures suite controller, or pages that link to Electronic countermeasures suite controller or to this page or whose text .
- Electronic warfare : A subset of information operations that deals with the use of electromagnetic or kinetic means to degrade an enemy's military electronics systems, to be able to operate one's own electronics in the face of enemy attacks, and to evade those attacks through protection or deception
- Network-centric warfare : Add brief definition or description
- Situational awareness : The state of being aware of all relevant information in one's environment, prioritizing the information, and not being distracted by irrelevancies
- Electronic warfare expendables dispenser : Part of an integrated electronic warfare system which fires, manually or under computer control, flares, chaff, and disposable jammers, all in a compatible cartridge form factor and possibly tows intelligent reusable decoys
- AN/ALE-47 : An intelligent countermeasures dispenser for military aircraft, which can receive commands directly from warning receivers, and dispense expendable radar and infrared decoys, as well as manage a retrievable decoy towed via an fiber optic cable
- AN/APR-39 : A radar warning receiver and electronics countermeasures suite controller that provides coverage for C/D and E through J band CW radar, used on helicopters and slow fixed-wing aircraft
- AN/ALQ-213 : A Danish Air Force-designed electronics countermeasures suite controller used on aircraft of many countries
- Chaff : A passive, disposable radar countermeasure using strips of metal foil or aluminized plastic, cut to match the wavelength of the expected radar, and used to send false reflections back to the radar receiver
- Flares : An expendable electronic warfare decoy form of infrared countermeasures
- Radar warning receiver : allows detection of a radar that potentially might be able to sense the platform carrying the receiver, but does not give detailed characterization of the radar signal, as needed for electronic intelligence.