From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Eduction, or pages that link to Eduction or to this page or whose text .
- Communication : The set of interactive processes that create shared meaning.
- Criminal investigation : Deciding that a crime has occurred, obtaining evidence about it, and determining who may have committed the crime
- Human-source intelligence : (HUMINT); the practice of acquiring information through interactions with people who can disclose relevant information, including but not limited to espionage, interrogation, debriefing and elicitation
- Debriefing : Obtaining information from cooperating people, who are aware of at least some purposes of the conversation or written communication, and do not consider themselves under duress in this type of eduction
- Delphi method : Systematic, recursive, interactive forecasting method for obtaining forecasts from a panel of independent experts.
- Elicitation : Eduction of information from a person or group in a manner that does not disclose the intent of the interview or conversation, generally overt, unless the collector is other than he or she purports to be.
- Interrogation : A systematic process of direct questioning, of a person in detention or otherwise under the control of the interrogator, to obtain reliable information to satisfy criminal investigation or human-source intelligence requirements, within the scope of relevant law and policy
- Confession : Add brief definition or description
- Thought reform : Techniques, originally used to enforce conformity with political systems or to coerce confessions, that have been associated with ill-defined terms such as "brainwashing" and "mind control", although there is no evidence that total control, of which the subject is unaware, is possible
- Torture : The infliction of mental or physical pain, for punishment or as an interrogation technique.