Economic warfare/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Economic warfare, or pages that link to Economic warfare or to this page or whose text .
- Economics : The analysis of the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services.
- Grand strategy : The application of all national means of affecting the actions of other nations and non-national actors; specifically includes but is not restricted to military means
- Embargo : Add brief definition or description
- Financial intelligence : Collecting information on financial transactions (either from the financial institution or by clandestine means) and then analyzing it to determine providers and consumers of money or money equivalents
- Blockade : Add brief definition or description
- Blood diamonds : A general term for valuable gems "that originate from areas controlled by forces or factions opposed to legitimate and internationally recognized governments, and are used to fund military action in opposition to those governments" (United Nations)
- Drug trade : Add brief definition or description
- Export control : Add brief definition or description
- Informal value transfer system : Culturally-specific system of transferring money or other value through trusted intermediaries outside the banking system, and thus hidden from many techniques of financial intelligence collection
- Money laundering : Add brief definition or description
- U.K. support for Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War : Most support to Iraq was without the knowledge or approval of U.K. government, but through covert Iraqi purchasing; some authorized dual-use sales were made, but largely ceased with the UN embargo