Eastern Orthodox Church/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Eastern Orthodox Church, or pages that link to Eastern Orthodox Church or to this page or whose text .
- Catholicism : 1. A large group of Christian denominations which view themselves as being in historical and doctrinal continuity with Catholic Christianity as it existed before the Great Schisms that separated the church universal into different communions. It is taken from the word catholic, used in the sense of universal, or all-embracing. 2. Adherence, membership or affiliation with the Roman Catholic Church. To use the term "Catholic" to describe only Roman Catholics is standard among many, but may offend Christians of other denominations who also view themselves as "Catholic", such as many Anglicans, Orthodox Christians and High Lutherans.
- Christianity : The largest world religion, which centers around the worship of one God, his son Jesus Christ, and his Holy Spirit.
- Counter Reformation : Add brief definition or description
- Great Schism (Christianity) : Add brief definition or description
- Oriental Orthodox Church : Add brief definition or description
- Orthodox Christianity : The churches which maintained Eastern and Occidental Christian tradition following the Great Schisms which separated the Church universal into different communions.
- Reformation : The major religious revolution in Western Europe in the 16th century, led by Martin Luther, John Calvin and other Protestants.