See something needing your input? Click here to Join us in providing quality, expert-guided information to the public for free!
EF-18 Growler/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes and topics related to EF-18 Growler, or pages that link to EF-18 Growler or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/EF-18 Growler. Needs checking by a human.
- AGM-88 HARM : A specialized anti-radiation missile used by U.S., Italian, and German aircraft to attack air defense radar
- AIM-120 AMRAAM : A high-performance. beyond-visual-range, air-to-air missile with inertial midcourse guidance and active radar terminal guidane, developed by the U.S. and used on the aircraft of a number of countries, as well as in surface-to-air missile variants
- ALE-47 : An intelligent countermeasures dispenser for military aircraft, which can receive commands directly from warning receivers, and dispense expendable radar and infrared decoys, as well as manage a retrievable decoy towed via an fiber optic cable
- ALE-55 : An active electronic attack remote device targeted at radar, spooled out by an AN/ALE-47 dispenser, which can run through the flame of an afterburner and, at the end of its tether, act as a deceptive decoy trackbreaker or a seductive sacrificial decoy
- ALQ-214 : An advanced electronic warfare system featuring distributed computer processing both on a tactical aircraft and in towed pods
- AN- : U.S. military nomenclature for electronic equipment, following the Joint Electronics Type Designation System
- APG-63 : A radar system for F-15 Eagle and, in its fourth version, F-15E Strike Eagle fighters
- APG-79 : active electronically scanned array radar for the F-18 Super Hornet and EF-18 Growler
- Air warfare planning : The set of doctrines and procedures for carrying out all types of air warfare, as an integrated whole
- Air-to-surface missile : Launched from an fixed-wing aircraft or helicopter, missiles of this category have a wide variety of ranges, sensors, autonomy vs. man-in-the-loop control, warheads, and need for battle damage assessment
- Aircraft carrier : A warship designed to launch and recover combat aircraft and aircraft that support military operations
- Anti-aircraft artillery : A general term for guns that can elevate to high angles and shoot accurately at aircraft, using visual, electro-optical, or radar guidance.
- Anti-shipping missile : An air, surface (sea or land), or submarine-launched missile that can track and intercept a maneuvering ship target against the background of moving water
- B-1 Lancer (bomber) : A supersonic-capable heavy bomber operated by the U.S. Air Force with intercontinental range through air refueling, not used for nuclear weapons
- BaE Systems ALARM : A anti-radiation missile developed by the Royal Air Force, with direct attacks and parachute-borne loiter mode, slower than the U.S. AGM-88 HARM but with more advanced search and suppression capabilities
- EA-6B Prowler : This is the main tactical electronic warfare aircraft of the U.S. military, highly effective although reaching the end of its service life through airframe exhaustion
- EC-130 COMPASS CALL : electronic warfare (communications jamming) and communications intelligence aircraft, optimized for broadcast bands of television and radio
- Electronic intelligence : Collection and analysis of electronic signals not intended to be intelligible to humans, such as radar or navigational aids
- Electronic warfare : A subset of information operations that deals with the use of electromagnetic or kinetic means to degrade an enemy's military electronics systems, to be able to operate one's own electronics in the face of enemy attacks, and to evade those attacks through protection or deception
- F-15 Eagle : A series of air superiority fighters, designed for the United States Air Force and flown by several countries; intended for the high role in the high-low mix; The F-15E Strike Eagle is a multirole fighter variant.
- F-18 Hornet : A relatively lightweight carrier-capable multirole fighter, developed by the United States Navy and used by several nations, including Canada, in land-based roles; a fourth-generation fighter gradually being replaced by the F-18E/F Super Hornet, and then the F-35.
- F-18 Super Hornet : A new generation of carrier-based fighter beyond the F-18 Hornet, this evolution provides an architecture with even greater expansion, especially with the AN/APG-79 AESA radar, more powerful computers and communications, and a new engine with longer range.
- Forward-looking infrared : An older term for thermal imaging systems, typically airborne, that can "see" objects by their heat emissions and difference from background, in conditions including night and fog
- HOTAS :
- MQ-1 Predator : A medium-altitude, long-endurance, unmanned aerial vehicle used for armed reconnaissance by the Central Intelligence Agency, and for reconnaissance, surveillance and target acquisition at the level of Unified Combatant Commands; it will be replaced by its larger descendant, the MQ-9 Reaper
- Radar : (acronym for "radio detection and ranging") A technique used for detecting and tracking targets, navigation, imagery, and special applications.
- SIGINT aircraft-based platforms : An aircraft or unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) that carries signals intelligence sensors
- Suppression of enemy air defense : Military actions taken to reduce the effectiveness, or destroy, the radars, radio and other communications links, surface-to-air missiles, anti-aircraft artillery, fighter aircraft and their airbases and command posts of air defense systems
- U.S. Navy : The branch of the United States Armed Forces charged with sea operations