E. Anthony Wayne/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to E. Anthony Wayne, or pages that link to E. Anthony Wayne or to this page or whose text .
- Foreign Service Officer : Career diplomat of the United States
- U.S. policy towards Afghanistan : The grand strategy of the United States towards Afghanistan, dealing with the continuing Afghanistan War (2001-) both with its own and multinational resources (e.g., NATO International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) and the United Nations Mission to Afghanistan (UNAMA)]]
- U.S. Mission to Afghanistan : Add brief definition or description
- Karl Eikenberry : U.S. Ambassador to Afghanistan as of 29 April 2009, having retired as a lieutenant general, United States Army, and deputy head of the NATO Military Committee on the 28th
- Agency for International Development : U.S. government agency responsible for nonmilitary foreign aid of goods, services, and certain finances, although it does not operate at the highest levels of international finance. May operate assistance and development programs in foreign countries
- Afghan Security Forces : Military, police and intelligence forces under the command of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, as well as cooperating traditional local units
- Peace operations : Operations other than all-out war, conducted by neutral parties, to ensure the continuance of a peace, or, in the face of resistance, to enforce it.
- Counterinsurgency : Theory and practice of defeating insurgency without creating even more local resistance or strategic failures
- International Security Assistance Force : United Nations authorized, North Atlantic Treaty Organization-commanded military and security force in Afghanistan, in both a combat and training role