Double-Cross system/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Double-Cross system, or pages that link to Double-Cross system or to this page or whose text .
- Counterintelligence : Countermeasures to foreign intelligence organizations collecting intelligence against one's own side.
- Deception : The act of deceiving or misleading, through the intentional concealing or misrepresentation of facts.
- World War II : War between the Allies (most notably the UK, US and Soviet Union) and the Axis (principally Germany and Japan) 1939–1945.
- Abwehr : German military counterintelligence and external intelligence in World War II, eventually absorbed into the Nazi party security apparatus other than purely military support
- London Controlling Section : An extremely secret British staff organization, in World War II, in charge of strategic deception, principally to convince the Nazis that the main invasion of Europe would come at any of a variety of places other than Normandy; U.S. counterpart was Joint Security Control
- Office of Strategic Services : The United States' first unified agency for clandestine intelligence collection, all-source intelligence analysis and covert action
- Secret Intelligence Service : Britain's national-level civilian organization for intelligence and covert action
- Security Service : British domestic counterintelligence service, without police powers