The June 2016 election is over. Official results will be certified and published soon.
David Brock/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to David Brock, or pages that link to David Brock or to this page or whose text .
- MediaMatters : A web-based, progressive-identified think tank and interest group devoted to media monitoring of positions stated by American conservatives
- American conservatism : A diverse mix of political ideologies that share support for market economics, some view of American exceptionalism and, generally, decentralization of government; differing views of individual liberties versus enforcement of morality; in opposition to liberalism, socialism and communism; factions include libertarianism, social conservatism, nativism (politics) and neoconservatism
- American progressivism : A changing term in American political ideology, from the Progressive Era to the Cold War to the present time, when it tends to refer to a wide spectrum from center-left to far left, often positioned as an alternative to American conservatism
- Media monitoring : The systematic observation of public media by interest groups and researchers to detect perceived bias; in the case of influence groups, finding such information will trigger statements, letter-writing campaigns, etc.; uses techniques similar to those of open source intelligence
- John Podhoretz : Add brief definition or description
- Newt Gingrich : Former Republican Speaker of the House; cofounder of the Conservative Opportunity Society and led the Contract with America platform statement; historian; board of advisers, American Foreign Policy Council; Guiding Coalition, Project for National Security Reform
- R. Emmett Tyrell : Add brief definition or description
Opponents while a conservative
- Commentary (magazine) : An American opinion and intellectual magazine, founded in 1945 by Norman Podhoretz, with a general approach but a Jewish interest: "the fate of democracy and of democratic ideas in a world threatened by totalitarian ideologies; the state of American and Western security; the future of the Jews, Judaism, and Jewish culture in Israel, the United States, and around the world; and the preservation of high culture in an age of political correctness and the collapse of critical standards"
- American Spectator : An magazine offering a "meaningful experience to young conservatives", whose webpage features "liberal-baiting"; founder and editor-in-chief R. Emmett Tyrrell
Subjects covered for conservative media
- Robert Bork : Attorney and jurist; professor at the Ave Maria School of Law in Ann Arbor, Michigan and the Tad and Diane Taube Distinguished Visiting Fellow at the Hoover Institution; Distinguished Fellow, Hudson Institute; American Enterprise Institute 1988-2003; Solicitor General (U.S.) from 1973 to 1977; acting U.S. Attorney General from 1973 to 1974; and Circuit Judge of the U. S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit from 1982 to 1988; nominated by Ronald Reagan, but was not confirmed as an associate justice, Supreme Court of the United States
- Hillary Clinton : U.S. Secretary of State (2009-2013); Senator for New York (2001-2009); U.S. presidential candidate for the Democratic Party, 2016 (contender, 2008); former First Lady (born 1947).
- Anita Hill : Professor of social policy, law, and women's studies at the Heller School at Brandeis University, is an attorney. She is a member of the advisory board of the Feminist Sexual Ethics Project.
- Paula Jones : Add brief definition or description
- Federalist Society : A U.S. organization promoting conservative and libertarian positions on legal issues.