From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Islam: Militant Islam Reaches America (2002)
- The Rushdie Affair (Birch Lane, 1990)
- In the Path of God (Basic Books, 1983)
- Slave Soldiers and Islam (Yale University Press, 1981).
- Syria: Syria Beyond the Peace Process (1996)
- Damascus Courts the West (Washington Institute, 1991)
- Greater Syria (Oxford University Press, 1990).
- The Hidden Hand (St. Martin's, 1996) analyses conspiracy theories among Arabs and Iranians. *Arabist's Guide to Colloquial Egyptian (Foreign Service Institute, 1983) systematizes the *grammar of Arabic as spoken in Egypt
- The Long Shadow (Transaction, 1989)
- Miniatures (2003), a collection of essays
- Conspiracy (Free Press 1997) establishes the importance of conspiracy theories in modern Europe and America.