From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Counterterrorism, or pages that link to Counterterrorism or to this page or whose text .
- Terrorism : An act, with targets including civilians or civilian infrastructure, intended to create an atmosphere of fear in order to obtain a political objective.
- Insurgency : A wide range of political and military actions intended to change a government, through means considered illegal by that government.
- Special operations : Military or paramilitary operations that differ from conventional operations in degree of physical and political risk, operational techniques, mode of employment, independence from friendly support, and dependence on detailed operational intelligence and indigenous assets; they are often controlled at a national or strategic level of command
- David Kilcullen : A former Australian infantry officer with a doctorate in the study of insurgency and history, he is an advisor on counterinsurgency to the Australian and U.S. governments. His models draw a sharp distinction between the tactic of terror, and the conduct of wars that make use of that tactic. Board of Advisors, Center for a New American Security
- Hostage Rescue Team, Federal Bureau of Investigation : Add brief definition or description
- Delta Force : A generally covert U.S. Army unit in Joint Special Operations Command, specializing in hostage rescue and combat search and rescue, direct action, special reconnaissance, and counterterrorism.
- Counter Terrorism Command, Metropolitan Police : Add brief definition or description
- GSG 9 der Bundespolizei : Add brief definition or description
- Clandestine cell system : A method for organizing a group in such a way that it can more effectively resist penetration by an opposing organization.
- Counterintelligence : Countermeasures to foreign intelligence organizations collecting intelligence against one's own side.
- Intelligence : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Intelligence (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Police : Organized government officials responsible for enforcing the criminal law of their locality, responding to designated emergencies, and various duties considered appropriate by their culture and government