Cortical connectivity/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Cortical connectivity, or pages that link to Cortical connectivity or to this page or whose text .
- Brain : The core unit of a central nervous system.
- Central nervous system : The main information-processing organs of the nervous system, consisting of the brain, spinal cord, and meninges.
- Nervous system : The control unit of bodily functions in animals.
- Cerebral cortex : External tissue layer within the vertebrate brain, ensheathed by the pia mater; home to the nerve cell bodies; important in learning and dementia.
- Gyrification : The folding process during brain development, or the extent of folding.
- Brain development : The build-up of the brain from ectodermal cells to a complex structure of neurons, glia and blood vessels.
- Brain evolution : The process by which the central nervous system changed over many generations.
- Brain morphometry : The quantitative study of structures in the brain, their differences between individuals, correlations with brain function, and changes of these characteristics over time.
- Neuroimaging : A group of techniques used to visualize structure and function of nervous systems, especially the vertebrate brain.
- Basal ganglia : A cluster of nerve cell bodies at the base of the forebrain in vertebrates.
- White matter : A subset of brain tissue whose volume is dominated by myelinated axons of nerve cells.
- Fibre tracking : Add brief definition or description
- Diffusion-tensor imaging : Add brief definition or description
- Diffusion spectrum imaging : Add brief definition or description
- Fractional anisotropy : Add brief definition or description