Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons, or pages that link to Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons or to this page or whose text .
- Arms control : Treaties and implementation agreements to restrict the development, production, deployment, or transfer of specified weapons or weapons technologies.
- Counterproliferation : The set of activities that detect and monitor the threat of weapons of special concern against one's own nation and one's allies.
- Military law : Statutes, codes, and common traditions relating to and executed by military courts for the discipline, trial, and punishment of military personnel.
- AVR-2 : A first-and-second generation, obsolescent laser warning receiver
- Laser designator : A device that puts a distinctive, usually invisible, pattern of laser energy on an object, for purposes such as designating the target of a laser-guided bomb
- Arms Control Treaty : A proposed United Nations treaty, not fully formulated, to regulate international traffic in conventional weapons, principally small arms; some Americans see it as a threat to domestic rights under the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
- Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of Anti-Personnel Mines and on Their Destruction : A treaty banning the manufacture, stockpiling, and use of those antipersonnel land mines of the greatest risk to civilians
- Fourth Geneva Convention : International agreement specifying the obligations of an Occupying Power towards civilians in an area it controls
- Geophysical MASINT : A branch of measurement and signature intelligence that involves phenomena transmitted through the earth (ground, water, atmosphere) and manmade structures including emitted or reflected sounds, pressure waves, vibrations, and magnetic field or ionosphere disturbances.
- U.S. intelligence and transnational counterproliferation activities : An overview over activities of the United States intelligence community, specifically dealing with arms control, weapons of mass destruction and weapons counterproliferation.
- Wassenaar Arrangement on Export Controls for Conventional Arms and Dual-Use Goods and Technologies : A voluntary international cooperation agreement to reduce the proliferation of weapons, both conventional and weapons of mass destruction
- Weapons of mass destruction : Weapons that cause death or injury not primarily through kinetic energy of projectiles or the detonation of conventional explosives, but rather produce large-scale effects greater than possible with the same weight of explosives weapons; by means heat, blast and radiation from nuclear weapon; poisoning by chemical weapon; infectious disease by biological weapons; or acute or chronic radiation syndromes from radiological weapons.