Convention against Torture/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Convention against Torture, or pages that link to Convention against Torture or to this page or whose text .
- International law : The formal conduct of interactions between nation-states, both at the national level and on behalf of their citizens; generally accepted as first formalized by Hugo Grotius.
- Torture : The infliction of mental or physical pain, for punishment or as an interrogation technique.
- Capital punishment : The practice of punishment of a crime through state-sanctioned killing.
- Corporal punishment : Add brief definition or description
- Geneva Conventions : For international law, the principal group of treaties addressing humanitarian aspects of war
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights : Declaration adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 1948, consisting of 30 articles with definitions of civil, political, economic, social, and cultural rights.