Congressional Sudan Caucus/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- U.S. House of Representatives : The lower house of the United States Congress.
- Sudan : A nation in East Africa/Horn of Africa, with the largest land area of any country in Africa, and near-continuous civil wars since British independence in 1956; effectively a federation of Arab and African parts, with the southern region voting for independence in 2011.
- Mike Capuano : U.S. Representative (D-Massachusetts) and candidate in special election to fill the seat of Sen. Ted Kennedy, House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, House Financial Services Committee and Committee on House Administration; co-chair Congressional Sudan Caucus; Congressional Progressive Caucus; former mayor, Somerville, Massachusetts; Congressional Internet Caucus
- Frank Wolf : U.S. Representative (R-Virginia); House Appropriations Committee: ranking minority member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice and Science, Subcommittee on Transportation, Subcommitee on Housing and Urban Development; Congressional Caucus on Bosnia; co-chair, Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission; co-chair Congressional Sudan Caucus; Congressional Internet Caucus
- Donald Payne : U.S. Representative, (D-New Jersey), U.S. House Committee on Education and Labor; voted against 2002 Iraq War authorization; co-chair, Congressional Sudan Caucus; Congressional Caucus on Bosnia
- Michael McCaul : U.S. Representative (R-Texas), House Homeland Security Committee: ranking member, Intelligence Subcommittee; House Foreign Affairs Committee, Republican Study Committee; Republican Policy Committee; ; Co-chair, Congressional Sudan Caucus; former Chief of Terrorism and National Security in the U.S. Attorney's office, led the Joint Terrorism Task Force
- Vic Snyder : Physician and attorney; U.S. Representative (D-Arkansas), U.S. House Veterans Affairs Committee, U.S. House Armed Services Committee Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations (chair), Joint Economic Committee; opposed 2002 Iraq War resolution; Member, New Democrat Coalition
- Kathy Dahlkemper : U.S. Representative (D-Pennsylvania); Blue Dog Coalition Congressional Caucus on Bosnia